‘Save Mother Earth’ is the slogan of Green Earth movement across the globe. Nowadays; awareness about preserving the nature and green earth has been increasing. The strict compliance of waste water treatment or controlling air/water pollution is the solid step taken by government bodies to support Green Earth movement. Even some new residential projects come with effluent treatment plant to recycle the waste water.
A wide variety of technologies have emerged for waste water treatment and other pollution control processes. The technologies in waste water treatment provide various solutions to treat residential sewage waste water as well as waste water generated in various manufacturing industries. Based on the amount and type of waste water, an effluent treatment plant can be build using suitable waste water treatment technology.
Things You Must Consider Before Building Effluent Treatment Plant
Effluent treatment plant is the necessity for sewage water treatment at residential units as well as industrial units. However, design and building effluent treatment plant needs some study in order to set up successful and efficient treatment plant. These things include –
- Selecting the right place for the plant – The effluent treatment plant should not be set up near drinking water wells or reservoirs, high water table, wet lands or water recharge zone.
- Designing treatment plant smartly – choose the wasted place or minimal place for the plant. Even place like car parking can be ideal for effluent treatment plant. Decentralized strategy can save place.
- Choosing right water treatment technology – The study of amount/volume of waste water as well as type of contamination can help to choose the right water treatment technology. You can choose the energy conservative, safe and effective water treatment technology according to the requirement.
Waste water/ Effluent treatment plant can accompany different treatment processes and stages to give clean, unpolluted water. You will find a wide variety of water treatment technologies like –
- Electrolysis – It can be used to treat waste water with dissolved pollutants. It is economical and sustainable solution for industries to treat waste water.
- Bioreactor – Membrane bioreactor systems are commonly used for industrial and municipal waste water treatment.
- Ion Exchange – To treat water contaminated with minerals or other dissolved impurity, ion exchange is the best water treatment technology.
- Thermal hydrolysis – It breakdowns the organic materials to give readily bio-degradable materials that can be used to produce biogas.
- Chemical treatment – A wide variety of chemical water treatment products are available which are safe and offer high level water purity. The type of impurities or contamination in the waste water should be analyzed to choose right chemical treatment solution.
Besides these waste water treatment technologies, many other techniques like distillation, sedimentation, biofilters etc. are useful for waste water treatment. The combination of two or more waste water technologies can be used in effluent treatment plant to ensure removal of contamination and getting safe and clean water.
So, if you are thinking of installation of effluent treatment plant at your site, take all these things in the mind.